Democrats in Washington have gone off the high-speed rails, and Maine’s Congresswoman Chellie Pingree is helping drive the train. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’ is breathtaking…ly terrible economic and social policy, and Chellie Pingree is an early adopter of this headfirst dive into the socialist abyss.
Rep. Jared Golden has been mum so far, but he’s going to have to take a position eventually, and he could follow Pingree’s lead to satisfy his left-wing donor base and supporters.
– The end of gasoline powered automobiles in 10 years (because, you know, all Mainers can afford to go buy an electric car)
– Economic security for all Americans unwilling to work (we think Maine tried this already, didn’t work out so well!)
– End production of electricity via fossil fuels and nuclear power (just imagine how much fun it’s going to be to wait for your electric car to charge while trying to keep your house warm with wind and solar on a cold January night in Maine)
– A possible federal carbon tax (apparently the carbon tax Democrats are proposing in Maine isn’t enough, so we will get the tax at both the federal and state levels)
– Gut and retrofit every building in America with whatever technology the left sees fit to force upon us. (We’re guessing there will be an arms race among left-wing donors on this one)
– The Green New Deal outlines that it will eliminate air travel and cows (yes cows, as in beef, because cows emit carbon) – but probably not in 10 years, it will take longer, the Green New Deal says.
Welcome to America in 2019, where one of Maine’s representatives to Congress (Pingree) wants to take away your car –> give your money to people who are unwilling to work –> force you to buy expensive solar and wind electricity –> double down on the carbon tax –> make you gut your home and office to upgrade to their standards –> and make sure you never grill a steak or eat a cheeseburger again –> and if you don’t like it, get in your electric car and drive to Canada or Mexico, because you won’t be able to buy a plane ticket anywhere else.
And that’s just the highlight- er- low points of the plan Democrats want to foist on you.
I can’t decide if it’s more unbelievable that Chellie Pingree signed on to this proposal, or that Jared Golden, representing Maine’s Second District, hasn’t come out and set a copy of the plan on fire to show his opposition.
But this is where we are in America, 2019.