Over the last decade Maine has emerged as a premier battleground state in the national political arena. As we approach the 2020 Elections, it is critical that we continue to build towards electing candidates at the federal and state level.
Our 2019 Maine GOP Summer Internship program is designed to teach and develop a wide range of skills necessary to run political campaigns and make an impact in a political organization.
Maine GOP Interns will gain experience and learn from several battle tested political operatives in the following areas:
- Cutting-edge campaign data and technology
- Campaign and political communication
- Building dedicated grassroots volunteer network
- Utilizing voter contact
This internship offers an unparalleled way to gain first-hand experience in voter contact operations, campaign strategy, and mobilizing for events.
At the end of the internship, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of political strategy aimed for grassroots mobilization
- Exhibit increased leadership and networking skills
- Identify, critique, message, and understand nuanced political issues.
- Utilize political messaging on multi-media platforms
- Speak clearly about major policy issues facing Maine
To apply for the Summer Internship, you must be able to:
- Work up to 30 hours per week
- Work independently and meet weekly goals
- Have reliable transportation daily
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
This is a paid internship also offers a letter of recommendation upon completing the internship. Academic credit can be also organized with colleges and high schools on case by case basis.
To apply for the Summer Internship, please email your updated resume and two references to Maine GOP Political Director, Justin Davis at Justin@mainegop.com